- Simple but Great.!!! Quotes from the book "Lift me Up" by Ron Kaufman
Quotes from the book "Lift me Up" by Ron Kaufman
Chapter-1: Everyday wisdom:
1. Thought is the original source of all wealth, all success, all material gain, all great discoveries and inventions and of all achievement. – Claude Bristol
2. The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. – William James
3. Great People talk about ideas, average people talk about events; small people talk about other people. – Anonymous
4. You can tell whether a person is clever by his answers, you can tell whether
a person is wise by his questions. – Mahfouz Naguib
5. Going to work for a big company is like getting on a train. Are you going at sixty miles an hour or the company is going at sixty miles an hour and you are just sitting? – Paul Getty
6. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts. – Marcus Aurelius
7. A wise man never knows all, a fool knows everything – African proverb
8. None of us is as smart as all of us. – Japanese proverb
Chapter-2: Profound Wisdom:
1- More mistakes, more experience. More experience, less mistakes.
2- If you are patient in moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow. – Chinese Proverb.
3- Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking. - Jackson Brown.
4- Information applied gives knowledge. Knowledge applied yield wisdom.Wisdom applied brings success.
5- To the man who only has a hammer, everything looks like a nail.– Abraham Maslow (the world we see is the reflection of who we are)
6- Speak to open the minds of others, listen to open your own.
Chapter-3: Insightful Wisdom:
1- Thoughts have power, thoughts are energy. You can make your own world or break it by your own thinking – Susan Taylor
2- The commentator makes a noise, the activists makes a difference.
Chapter-4: Acquiring Wisdom:
1- I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.– Woodrow Wilson.
2- The ability to focus attention on important things is a defining characteristic of intelligence. – Robert Shiller
3- What we see depends mainly on what we look for. – John Lubbock
4- Being willing to change allows you to move from a point of view to a Viewing Point – A higher, more expansive place,from which you can see both sides. – Thomas Crum
5- Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. – Plato (Speak only when your words improve the silence)
6- Half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb about.– Solomon Short. (The other half is finding someone smart about it who can help you)
7- The difference between a smart man and a wise man is that smart man knows what to say and wise man knows when to say and whether or not to say. – Frank Garafola.
Post your comments to Facebook
Designed and maintained by AKR Consultants