- jagannath puri
Courtesy: D. Ganapathy, kalakad
Hope these are true
7 Wonders of Jagannath Temple:
1. Flag always flaps in opposite direction of wind.
2. From any place in Puri you will find Sudarshan Charka (Charka at top of Temple) is facing you only.
3. Normally in daytime, breeze comes from sea to land and in the evening, it is opposite but in Puri it’s totally opposite.
4. No bird or planes fly above the Temple.
5. The shadow of the main dome is not visible at any time in any direction.
6. The quantity of cooked food inside the Temple remains same for entire year. But same prasadam can feed few thousand people or 20 lac people; still it won’t not get wasted or never be inadequate.
7. In Jagannath Temple kitchen, 7 pots are kept on each other and cooked on wood fire. In this process top pot gets cooked first and the bottom one last.
After entering from Singhadwara’s first step, inside the Temple, one can’t hear any sound of ocean but when you cross the same step outside, you can hear it. Mostly we notice this in the evenings clearly.
check yourself in Jagannath Puri - Orissa:
Post your comments to Facebook
Designed and maintained by AKR Consultants