- The Qikung Exercise
Not as easy for beginners!
A must read and try exercise for those who are too busy to go to the gym or morning walk.
The Qikung Walking Exercise
Dear Friends,The Qikung Walking Exercise that I am teaching at different venues is good but needs at least 1 hour a day to practice for good results. Since many of you are still working, here is one exercise I believe that could help you solve the “time” problem. Just 15 minutes a day and good results can be expected if you do it diligently everyday for a period of 2-3 months (depending on individual’s health conditions and one’s duration of holding up the legs….) A real simple exercise to help you increase your energy…
The English text is my translation from the Chinese text that I received from Sonata.
Refer to the picture above
Lie down on your back, raise your legs as shown in the photo – 90 degree at thighs with body, 90 degree at knee joints, 90 degree at ankles – and keep this posture for 15 minutes or longer. Start with as long as you can manage and add on the minutes. That’s it.
1) Drink before and after the exercise 300cc of warm water. Breathing normally. Don’t hold back your breath. Using the energy from your waist and “Dan tian” to hold your legs in that posture as long as you can manage.
2) When you are lying down in this posture, blood will flow back to your liver and kidneys ensuring fast detoxing and increasing your metabolism. You will feel very “soared” with your legs and your pituitary gland will be activated to hasten the detox process and the toxins in your body will be excreted via sweating.
3) When you are lying in this posture, your body is getting rid of the “toxin” in your body. They your good body cells will be stronger and has definitely a good control of any bad cells (including cancer cells) inside your body.
4) Since you are using your waist’s energy to support the legs, your Shenqu (CV 8)and Ming Men (GV4) of the main acupressure points) were used to do the breathing, your Front and Back main Meridians will be cleared and connected. Thus your minute skin pores will be opened to help with the “detox” process. With breathing through the Dan Tian, it helps to lessen the burden of breath on your lungs. Therefore, you heart functions will be stronger with the result that your blood pressure will also be lower.
5) When you sweat, the acidic toxins will be excreted, your blood lipid (fatty deposits) will be burnt. Spleen is in charge of our 4 limbs. Therefore, your blood sugar level will also be stabilized with the result your spleen function is being improved. End result is that you will feel more calm and gentle.
6) When your legs are up, your small intestine’s movement will be activated and your bladder’s muscles will be stronger. Therefore, constipation, abnormal menstruation, prostate problems can all be avoided. Also, once your digestion and excretion systems are in order, you will have good appetite and can maintain your normal body weight.
7) When your legs are up, your spine is straight. That means your whole body’s muscles will be strengthened. Qi and blood will flow smoothly throughout your body. Your joints can easiy have more bone marrows and the nerves alongside your spine are well connected with all parts of the body. Thus degeneration of joints and growth of bone spurs can be avoided.
8) When your legs are up,all your inner organs are working in harmony. Your brain burden will be less and thus can function better, resulting in clear heads, better memory and no more insomnia. Also you will have better tolerance and stronger will power.
Therefore, the longer you can hold up your legs in that posture, the better and long living you will be.
Post your comments to Facebook
Designed and maintained by AKR Consultants