Bookmark and Share 


Healthcare Tips
Parents Home
Couples Suit
Spiritual Path
Student's Corner
Youth Resort
Management
Lighter Moments
Entertainment
Serious Side
World Tour
Internet Links
Snippets

Tamil Software
அழகி மென்பொருள்
  
Tamil-English bilingual webmagazine dedicated to education of the masses through E-books, articles, worldwide informations, Slideshows,
Presentations on various subjects, photographs and images, moral and objective oriented stories and Lectures including audio and video

Death in the Kitchen

Courtesy: Vasantha, chennai

SAFETY INFORMATION - SHOULD BE SHARED WITH FAMILY.

This is a shocking episode that happened on 13th May 2011 in Pune. This may be a good, useful lesson in safety for all of us.

A housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen. Her husband too was hospitalized for injuries due to burns while trying to rescue his wife.

How it happened:- The gas stove was on and cooking under process. The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect repellent and sprayed it near the gas stove, which was on. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustaining 65% burns. Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife was declared dead on arrival.

Let us understand:-

All insect repellents such as "Hit", "Mortein" etc. have highly volatile and inflammable solvents. The atomised nano spary particles spread extremely rapidly and one spark is enough to ignite this explosive mixture with oxygen present in air.

Did the poor lady realise the hazard involved? Apparently not!

Please educate your family about this and spread the word around....

who knows you may save more than a life...

Tell A Friend!
Type In Your Name:
Type In Your Email:
Your Friend's Email:
Your Comments:

Receive copy:

PLEASE GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK


*Name:  

*E-mail:  

*Comments:


*Enter number in the text box below



Post your comments to Facebook




Designed and maintained by AKR Consultants